What is no-code? How does no-code work? What are the benefits of no-code? How can no-code be used?
What are web applications (web apps) and how to create one?
Web applications. What are they? How do they work? What are some benefits of using them? How are they created?
Reading Time: 5 Minutes
Web applications (or "web apps") are software programs that run on the web, as opposed to desktop or mobile applications, which run on individual devices. Web applications are accessed via the World Wide Web and can be run on any device with a connection to the server which runs the application and a web browser. Web apps have many benefits over traditional software, including convenience and accessibility. In this article, we'll explore what web apps are, how they work, and some benefits of using them.
What are web apps?
1. What are web applications and what are their benefits?
Web applications are different from desktop applications, which have to be installed on a user's computer. Web applications are typically built using a three-tiered architecture. This means that the application is divided into three parts, each of which performs a different task. The three parts are:
- The client, which is the part of the application that is run in the user's browser. Also often referred to as user interface (UI).
- The server is a web server that contains the logic of the application and provides the data that the client needs.
- The database, which stores the data that the application needs.
The client and server communicate with each other using HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol). When the user interacts with the application, the client sends a request to the server. The server then processes the request and sends back the data that the client needs. The client then displays the updated information to the user.
|Related: No-Code Tools: Why Use Them?|
Web applications have several benefits over desktop applications
- Web applications are accessible from any computer with an internet connection. This means that you can access your application from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection.
- Web apps are usually better to develop and maintain than desktop applications because of the used technologies and processes.
- Depending on the scenario web applications can be more secure than desktop applications.
- They are easier to update than desktop applications. This is because you only need to update the code on the server and all users will automatically have access to the new version of the application.
2. What is the process of creating a web application?
Creating a web application generally involves these steps:
Planning the app - This includes deciding what the app will do, what features it will have, and what technologies you will need to use.
Designing the app - This involves creating a mockup of the app so you can see how it will look and how users will interact with it.
Developing the app - This is where you actually code the app.
Testing the app - This is where you test the app to make sure it works as expected.
Deploying the app - This is where you put the app on a server so it can be accessed by users.
Maintaining the app - This is where you fix bugs and add new features to the app over time.
|Related: How to get started with no-code?|
Creating a web application can be a complex process, but it can be very rewarding. If you have an idea for an app that you think would be useful, don't be afraid to start building it!
3. What are the required technologies for creating a web application?
If you're interested in developing a web application, there are a few things you need to know. First, you need to choose a programming language. There are many different languages you can use, but some of the most popular are Java, NodeJS, ASP.NET, PHP, Python and Ruby.
Second, you need to choose a web framework. A web framework is a collection of libraries that make it easier to develop web applications. Some of the most popular frameworks are Spring (Java), Express (NodeJS), Next.js (NodeJS), ASP.NET (C#), Laravel (PHP), Django (Python) and Ruby on Rails (Ruby).
Third, you need to choose a database. A database is where you will store the data for your application. Some of the most popular databases are MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
Fourth, you need to choose a hosting provider. A hosting provider is a company that will provide you with a place to host your application. Some of the most popular hosting providers are AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and DigitalOcean.
Now that you know the basics of web applications, you're ready to start developing your own!
4. How to get started with creating your own web application without code?
There are many different ways to create a web application without code. One way is to use a drag-and-drop website builder for static pages. Another way is to use a low-code platform (mostly for developers). And lastly, you can use a no-code platform like Centrldesk and start creating on your own.
|Related: What is a no-code platform?|
No-code platforms allow you to create web applications without any programming experience. This makes them perfect for people who don't have time to learn how to code or businesses that want to save time and development costs. Use a no-code platform to create your web application without any programming experience.